My first effort at blogging....

This is a blog about me and my efforts at trying to be a SAHM (stay at home mom), and trying to somehow bring in some cash through selling my jewellery.

Why am Iwriting this blog? I thought it might help me organize my thoughts and efforts, and I thought maybe it would help other women trying to do the same thing. A little self promotion wouldn't be a bad thing either right?

So here goes:

Background about me:
I am 34 years old, have 2 kids, a boy and a girl. Edgar is 22 months old, and Zoe is 4 years old.

I have been home since Zoe was born, and I love my kids, I love being with my kids, and I want to be able to take my kids to school and pick them up, and not have to drop them off early in the morning somewhere and pick them up at 6 at night.

That said, I need a purpose other than kids, and money is doable but tight -

Soooo

This blog is about how I am gong about trying to earn some money while being at home.

My business efforts so far
So far I have focused my efforts on jewellery-making (yes I am Canadian hence the Canadian spelling)

I have some stuff up on Etsy. My first shop opened in October 2006: www.ZoeandEdgar.etsy.com where I listed and sold some sterling wire, then some jewellery, then I added some other supplies too. It's doing so-so but to be honest I have been pretty sporadic in my efforts as well.

I donated a bunch of my jewellery to my daughter's Nursery School for their yearly fundraising auction and that helped me sell a few pieces to other Nursery School moms who needed gifts for friends and family.

I opened my second Etsy shop last week: www.cghandmade.etsy.com So far no sales. I am trying to be very disciplined and list one piece a day.

Also in the works: my 1 st website: www.christinegierer.com. I started this so I could start my own online shop for my jewellery but I haven't figured out the shop thing yet. I thought I would call my company Christine Gierer Designs, but I decided that people have trouble pronouncing my name, and people almost universally misspell it so it's silly to have a company name nobody can spell.

Hence my 2nd website, now in the works: www.cghandmade.com
My new company name CG Handmade.

I think I may keep the 1st website as a Help other Jewellery Making WAHM's site. Still thinking about that one.

No comments: