Book Review: The Jewelry Selling Answer Book

I love E-books. They can be a treasure trove of information worth their weight in gold. Of course there is a lot of crap out there as well but there are a lot of gems too.

The Jewelry Selling Answer Book by David Weiman is an essential read for anyone trying to make a half-decent go of selling jewelry. David Weiman, was/is the marketing director for Lapidary Journal (now Art Jewelry Magazine) and Step-by-Step Beads.


Links to http://www.marketingjewelry.com/answerbook.htm

I followed a few of his suggestions and my sales went up dramatically. I feel a lot more comfortable talking about and promoting my jewelry now too.

It really gets into the psychology of selling jewelry. I've been doing a lot of research lately into the psychology of why people spend money on what they do. So interesting! And useful too if you actually want to make a living selling your stuff.

The author gets into the psychology of jewelry makers too. He talks about how craftspeople tend to be do-it-yourselfers who think that they can do everything themselves, including accounting, webmastering, product photography, bookkeeping, sales, marketing, copywriting, database management, etc., etc.

So true! But just because you can do it - and craftspeople tend to think they can learn how to do just about anything, should you? Should you spend time making your own website for example that takes you 20 million hours (like me) when you can pay a professional (or barter jewelry with a web design student) to do it in a flash?

He has a FREE (I love free) jewelry marketing newsletter as well that you can subscribe to. There is lots of great info there too.

Click on the picture of his book to go to his website. Don't let the cheesy sell put you off. The book is well written and full of good advice. I think it cost me $27.

Until next time,
Christine

No comments: